Thursday, June 21, 2007

Layout

Something was begging to be started yesterday. I didn't feel like making more diapers, I'll admit it: I'm a project juggler. I have to have at least two big projects up in the air or I loose steam. I can't go on pounding out diapers, I needed something a bit different for a few days and then I'll go back to making those lil poopers.

So I dug around in my drawer of scraps and pulled out some black silk I had left over from making a jacket and a bunch of scrap kimono cloth I squirreled away. Actually, I'm a huge kimono scrap hoarder. I buy little bits of 100 yen scraps and use them for crafting, they're cheap and you wind up with so many cute little patterns. But these were the ones I loved the most. These were the pieces I hid away and dreamt up projects I would someday use them in, the ones I pulled out to drool over when I had time. They aren't expensive or anything but something about the patterns on each one had a special appeal for me. I've finally found a project for them.

I arranged and re-arranged them on a tabletop, this took like half a day. And this is the result:

A baby quilt.

I pinned them down,ironed and hand stitched them in place with a plain ol' running stitch and right now I'm going to applique them in place with black thread. After that the quilting.

Here's another pic that isn't so blurry. But the layout isn't the one I ended up using.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀PRETTY GIRL 台北酒店經紀人 ,酒店經紀 酒店兼差PRETTY GIRL酒店公關 酒店小姐 彩色爆米花酒店兼職,酒店工作 彩色爆米花禮服店, 酒店上班,酒店工作 PRETTY GIRL酒店喝酒酒店上班 彩色爆米花台北酒店酒店小姐 PRETTY GIRL酒店上班酒店打工PRETTY GIRL酒店打工酒店經紀 彩色爆米花酒店兼差,酒店,