Saturday, March 22, 2008

Home

It's well in to the dry season here in Thailand. A dry hot wind is making this old house creak and groan tonight. It's a good house to be in in this hot humid weather, windows all around to let in the wind, and high ceilings so the air can circulate. My grandfather built this house and 5 generations have walked it's rooms so far. I've never written down how much I love this house with it's ancient shutters and teakwood floors polished with generations of footsteps. Everywhere I go I know that this house is waiting for me with it's ageless shadows, waiting for me to come home.

2 comments:

Stitchify said...

Lovely...

ypsiknitti said...

I have been carrying around your tabi sock pattern for two years and have just started it on on DK yarn and big needles at the suggestion of my LYS. You must have tiny feet!
Congradutations on the baby, she is beautiful.
How blessed you are to have her and the family.
I envy that you have a home with such history. My home is where my family is, and now that my "little ones" are leaving home, I will have to change the definition again. My "baby" is 15 and my oldest is 22. Time flies. I can still remember their faces when they were born.They were so much sweeter then.
Enjoy the little one. Time goes so quickly. Spoil her as long as you can without ruining her.